Enhanced Oil Recovery
High Power Ultrasonic is a new way to stimulate the borehole. The technology will function in reservoirs as as deep as 21’000 feet. Oil recovery increases up to 356%.
- Technological process is simple, harmless and ecologically neat.
- Harmless influence on well and reservoir.
- Possibility of work process in all stages of oil field development.
- High selectivity of impact according to seam efficient capacity.
- Possibility of unlimited usage without negative consequences.
The application of supersonic high-frequency non-linear generator is intended for EOR application and oil production stimulation, both at the individual wells and at the specific areas of the fields as a whole. The technology will add value in all areas listed below.
- Increase in injection well insertion rate (intake capacity)
- Rehabilitation of abandoned wells
- Heavy oil recovery
- Partial replacement of reservoir hydro-fracturing
- Increase in filtration area
The essence of this procedure includes the arrangement of the guided and «controlled» cavitation beam by means of pumping the working agent through the upper stage of constrictors installed that make a specific angle with the super diffuser surface and result in vortex flow. The basic part of the subsurface equipment is the supersonic high-frequency nonlinear generator (GSHN) as a result of which the cavitation volumetric field penetrates through the perforation holes.
Ultrasonic Vibrations & Field Effects
- Field effects become statistically relevant when maximum number of wells is treated.
- Reactions of neighbor wells are more than likely on acoustic stimulation. (Effects up to 200m and more have been measured).
- Therefore it is time to enhance individual wells with stimulation on a next higher level to a systemic stimulation of wells.
Three Cases for Ultrasonic Vibrations
- Stimulating: new wells and for wells whose production rate has considerably decreased compared to the beginning.
- Compensative: for wells that are meeting average production rates below their capability (preventive, anticipatory).
- For wells that are out of service or producing well below production.
- Removes wax and asphalt deposits
- Destroy salt formation in the capillaries
- Reduce surface tension in the capillaries
- Destroy colloid formations
- Clear the capillaries of the close zones to the layer
- Works by organic imbrication
- Works by inorganic imbrication
- Unclog injected particles
- Crack up particle bridge structure
- Dilution of scale in low acid (acceleration of chemical processes using ultrasound)
Key Acoustic Advantages
- Lower cost and less labor intensive compared with other methods
- Higher production results per well
- Long lasting effects
- Higher revenues
- Flexibility, mobility, offshore and onshore capabilities, fine tuning of technologies
- In most cases no need for chemicals
- Possible to stimulate at sub molecular level
- Easy to combine with other methods
- Long lasting effects (3 months to 2 years)
- Only a short down time for the wells (0-3 hours)
Increasing or regeneration fluid conductivity of collector and seam bottom-hole zone can be reached by cleaning (de-mudding) pored and perforation canals from contamination and highly ductile deposit.
Seism electrical effect assists destruction of immobile liquid layers that represented by oil and have electrostatic nature that’s why their destruction and involving to filtration process increases collector conductivity and coefficient of oil extraction.
Overcoming of exposed tension power and decrease of contact angle between water and oil leads to increasing of coefficient water drive of oil.